How it works
- Morpheus 8 delivers the deepest fractional treatments available, penetrating subdermal tissue up to 8 mm.
- It works by introducing radiofrequency technology to gently heat the skin after micro-lesions are performed to help restore and resurface connective tissues.
- When the skin is heated to 42- 43 degrees Celsius, collagen, which is the main structural protein in connective tissues, breaks down over the course of 6 weeks. College that is broken down reforms and connective tissues become much tighter and stronger.
- Morpheus8 treatment is an outpatient procedure. Anesthesia is not needed. Any discomfort that is felt during the treatment is often very tolerable.
- A topical numbing cream is applied to the treated areas.
- A device delivering radiofrequency energy through micro-pins is used to deliver the radiofrequency energy within the skin surface.
- The most commonly treated areas include the face and neck.
- Other treated areas include:
- Morpheus8 is safe, minimally invasive, requiring no downtime.
- You may not be an ideal candidate if:
- have certain skin diseases, such as psoriasis or eczema
- have open wounds
- have had radiation therapy recently
- have a history of significant skin scars (keloids)
- using certain acne medications
- Total procedure time is usually 30 mins to one hour depending on the size of the skin area treated.
- 2 or 3 sessions of Morpheus8 are recommended to achieve best results.
- Treatments should be administered 4 to 6 weeks apart.
What to expect after the procedure?
- Patients may feel that their face is a bit tight after the procedure, this feeling will go away after a few days.
- The minimal amount of swelling and bruising is easily controlled using ice packs
- Recovery time can often be less than an hour.
- Following the procedure patients may return to normal daily activities.
Instructions post procedure
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 1 week. After 24 hours, always use sunblock (30 SPF or higher) and wear a hat if you’re outside.
- Use a painkiller if you experience any soreness.
- You will need to wait at least 48 hours before any makeup products can be applied to the skin.
- Wash your hands before you touch your face.
- In the first 72 hours, you need to avoid swimming pools, saunas, and situations where you might sweat heavily, including intense workouts at the gym.
- Use a soothing cleanser or face wash to cleanse the face and gently pat dry the treated skin.
- The overall cost depends on the size of the surface area to be treated.
- Visible results can be seen within few days after the treatment, typically after three weeks.
- Improvements continue up to three months after treatment.